Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Philips N1700 Problems

Rafael
(@rafael)
New V-Ratter Registered

I recently acquired an N1700.

I don't know what I have done wrong but now I have problems opening the cassette door ( Every time I need to push the release lever inside the Recorder. I can't open it from the outside.

20210121 185659

2nd Problem:

The Pinch roller ist not engaging during Playback

3rd Problem:

I can't press Fast Forward without hinging the Servo Board upwards

What I can confirm is that the Videoheads do actually work, but I don't think that I can get the Video to sync properly and I don't have any audio, maybe partly because the pinch roller assembly is not engaging.

I hope someone can help me fix these problems.

Thanks in advance,

Rafael Gruber

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 21/01/2021 7:23 pm
jcdaze
(@jcdaze)
Trusted V-Ratter Registered

@rafael Hi rafael, some of the symptoms your 1700 have can occur if the tape isn't fully loaded around the head drum and the mechanical interlocks are in turn not working properly. If you have the manual it would be worth spending a few minutes going through the mechanical checks in section 2-1, 2-2 and 2-3 if you haven't already done so. Maybe find the cause of the cassette eject problem first which could possibly be that it hasn't been put back in machine properly as in section 2.1.5 of manual. Hope this may be of some help.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/01/2021 11:48 am
Rafael
(@rafael)
New V-Ratter Registered
Posted by: @rafael

but I don't think that I can get the Video to sync properly and I don't have any audio

Audio does actually work and Video Syncs up, but still problems with pinch rolelr not engaging fully and ff not working without lifting up the servo board.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 22/01/2021 12:53 pm
Rafael
(@rafael)
New V-Ratter Registered

@jcdaze

Ok thank you I'll look into it..

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 22/01/2021 12:53 pm