Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Philips VR2020 for repair (video 2000)

Page 2 / 2

irob2345
(@irob2345)
Reputable V-Ratter Registered

Well, before we get too excited, while the smaller chip next to the battery is available, and although the 40 pin part is too, it's a ROM (actually a mask ROM) so it was originally supplied pre-programmed. The D8755 appears to be an OPT equivalent part - even if we could find one I don't like your chances of finding a copy of the binary image.

So if pins on this part are rotted, it may be a show stopper.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/01/2021 2:15 am
greggzie
(@greggzie)
New V-Ratter Registered

@crustytv  Hi, I have just joined this forum and read the posts on the Phillips VR2000  format.

I am no electronic expert but a competent mechanical engineer and have over the past 40 years collected a large amount of these and the similar Grundig configured machines ( 24 in total !) plus a massive collection of over 200 tapes.

Some I have used as donor machines and at present I have a decent collection of spare parts covering from the 2020 to the 2324 models (mainly 2020/2021). Many of the purchased machines had been poorly stored resulting in the usual corrosion of the head drum but still having many useful parts.

The point of my post is if I can help some other enthusiasts to get their machines up and running I would be happy to help with either parts or information. As I've said I'm no expert and often need help myself so hopefully will find the forum useful.

Ps. If anyone can advise me of a supplier for the 3.6 volt LI battery it would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/10/2021 12:39 pm
greggzie
(@greggzie)
New V-Ratter Registered

@vipersan  Please see latest reply, maybe I can assist you with a board.

Regards

Dave

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/10/2021 6:11 pm
Page 2 / 2