[Sticky] Multiview T35 Freeview receiver and modulator

212 Posts
19 Users
66 Likes
14.3 K Views
Katie Bush
(@katie-bush)
Famed Member Registered

Well, I just got to get me one of these!

Posted : 29/11/2017 10:43 pm
Jayceebee
(@jayceebee)
Prominent Member Registered

If you want a brand new one Marion, £495 from Amazon.

John.

John.

Posted : 29/11/2017 11:00 pm
Katie Bush
(@katie-bush)
Famed Member Registered

Posted by: Jayceebee

If you want a brand new one Marion, £495 from Amazon.

John.

Not a chance - I'm not that well endowed with cash!

If I have to, I'll revert to plan 'A' which would be to use a stack of five 1st generation SKY "Digibox", each tuned to one of the "Big Five" and outputting at the correct frequencies.

Either that, or I'll have to wait!

Posted : 29/11/2017 11:15 pm
Marc
 Marc
(@marc)
Noble Member Registered

After some finance scrounging I tried to grab one a couple of hours ago, advert said 2 available but when I hit 'buy it now' they were gone. I do hope some more become available.

Marc
BVWS member
RSGB call sign 2E0VTN

Posted : 29/11/2017 11:32 pm
Katie Bush
(@katie-bush)
Famed Member Registered

Posted by: Marc

After some finance scrounging I tried to grab one a couple of hours ago, advert said 2 available but when I hit 'buy it now' they were gone. I do hope some more become available.

Me an' thee together then, Marc?

Posted : 29/11/2017 11:39 pm
Marc
 Marc
(@marc)
Noble Member Registered

Posted by: Katie Bush

Me an' thee together then, Marc?

Fingers crossed for another lot to come up for us both Marion.

Marc
BVWS member
RSGB call sign 2E0VTN

Posted : 29/11/2017 11:44 pm
Jayceebee
(@jayceebee)

If it was on Ebay Marc I jumped in when I saw there was only one left, sorry. There is also a 6 modulator version of the A2B I mentioned but they are a much more expensive, beware also the A2B units show 16:9 format material in letterbox mode when set to 4:3.

John.

John.

Posted : 29/11/2017 11:52 pm
Marc
 Marc
(@marc)
Noble Member Registered

Posted by: Jayceebee

If it was on Ebay Marc I jumped in when I saw there was only one left, sorry. There is also a 6 modulator version of the A2B I mentioned but they are a much more expensive, beware also the A2B units show 16:9 format material in letterbox mode when set to 4:3.

John.

Hi John,

No worries, it's first come first served. Thanks for the heads up on the other boxes, that's good to be aware of.

Marc
BVWS member
RSGB call sign 2E0VTN

Posted : 29/11/2017 11:57 pm
Jayceebee
(@jayceebee)

Another caveat if anyone is considering the A2B is that by default modulator outputs are cable channels S11, 13 and 15, you will obvious need a set that has a suitable tuner to set one up that been reset to shipping condition.

John.

Posted : 30/11/2017 1:23 pm
The_Teleman
(@the_teleman)
Reputable Member Registered

Just ordered one of the slim version, it will be interesting to see how they perform as I haven't come across them before. If it does everything it says on the tin it will be a very handy bit of kit & will simplify my UHF set up greatly 

chris

Posted : 01/12/2017 10:39 pm
PYE625
(@pye625)
Famed Member Registered

Mine came this morning so will have a play with it later.....hope it works.

To understand the black art of electronics is to understand witchcraft. Andrew.

Posted : 02/12/2017 11:01 am
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

Mine arrived too 🙂

max

CrustyTV Television Shop: Take a virtual tour
Crusty's TV/VCR Collection: View my collection
Crustys Youtube Channel: My stuff
Crusty's 70s Lounge: Take a peek

Posted : 02/12/2017 11:40 am
PYE625
(@pye625)
Famed Member Registered

Coo....you have the slim-line one too !

I'm a fatty one lol

IMG 3427 75

Posted : 02/12/2017 11:52 am
sideband
(@sideband)
Famed Member Moderator

Posted by: sideband

Couldn't resist......just bought one! Now I can have the best of both worlds. I can also keep my separate modulator and freeview box.

...and it's arrived!! Will try and find some time this weekend to brave the freezing conditions in the loft (workshop) and try it out.

js1024 SAM 1506
js1024 SAM 1503

Posted : 02/12/2017 3:06 pm
Katie Bush
(@katie-bush)
Famed Member Registered

Ah, Boo-Hoo......

I must be the kid that Santa Claus forgot.......

Aye, those look like just the job, a lot neater than my 'Digibox' set-up and all 'under one roof'.

One advantage I have though, I can output at RF on the correct frequencies in UHF, and simultaneously extract video/audio to feed to my (as yet only one) Aurora, so that I can have both UHF and VHF showing the exact same programme(s) in perfect sync. I don't think the Multiview can let you do that?

Posted : 02/12/2017 6:15 pm
sideband
(@sideband)
Famed Member Moderator

No not really at least not at video level. I need to play around a bit more but....I now have 5 analogue channels tuned in on my colour monitor. I think it's possible to feed the RF output (via a splitter) into my digi box and this will then feed the Aurora. My intention is to build a 'signals rack' and have freeview and analogue at RF with the separate digibox supplying a video signal to the Aurora.

Posted : 02/12/2017 8:30 pm
PYE625
(@pye625)
Famed Member Registered

Mine is seemingly not working, I can scan and it will tune into certain digital channels, but it keeps resetting itself as if you are pushing the reset button. This happens every 30 seconds or so. It will lock up so any press of any button won't work until it has reset. It can then be used, only for the cycle to repeat. ARRRGH !

Posted : 02/12/2017 10:09 pm
sideband
(@sideband)
Famed Member Moderator

It comes apart easily enough ......(any self-respecting engineer takes things apart.....that's how I found out)! Make sure the reset button isn't stuck. One of the menu buttons on mine is a bit dodgy (needs pressing hard) so I'll probably raid some switches from work and change it. While the board is out I'll go through all the electrolytics with the ESR meter. 

Posted : 02/12/2017 10:38 pm
Jayceebee
(@jayceebee)

I've not been able to get a signal into mine yet as we only have Sky at present but I too have had a look inside as the tact switches are a bit iffy also.

As I say I haven't connected an aerial yet so not tuned in but I can only find modulator 1 output which is on CH40 the other four appear to be on CH36 producing a screeching mess, also when I press "Information" it displays tuner 2 and 3 as "No Unit".

John.

John.

Posted : 02/12/2017 10:55 pm
Cathovisor
(@cathovisor)
Famed Member Registered

Pretty sure the company that made these has a support forum and I think Andrew's fault is covered in it. 

My first reaction to Andrew's fault is "internal power supplies" - I had a piece of kit in my care out in Paris that would reboot after exactly 93 seconds; you could set a watch by it.

Tact switches are cheap and easily available, worth a swap and a look at the electrolytics inside just in case. 

Posted : 03/12/2017 5:35 am
Page 2 / 11
Share: