D|E|R

derlog der1 der2 der3 der4 der5 der6derctv-1derctv-3 derctv-2derpricederctv-5 derctv-6

D|E|R 3

DER-ADV1

D|E|R 4

DERVANOf Further Interest

I have a D|E|R TV service engineers tool case, kindly donated by a good friend who worked for D|E|R

der1 casein

[wpdevart_youtube]EngIPPkEofA[/wpdevart_youtube]

0 0 vote
Article Rating
Notify of
guest

12 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
Vic Cassar
Vic Cassar
Guest
3 years ago

Worked for DER from 1966 to 1978 and it was the best TV Rental Company I’ve ever worked for.

John
John
Guest
2 years ago

I worked for them 1972 – 1974

Darren
Darren
Guest
1 year ago

What did DER pay in wages all those years ago? my parents rented the set with the wood sliding door ha

Ray Smith
Ray Smith
Guest
1 year ago

I Worked for DER in the 60’s. Started as a trainee at Radmay Hse Dagenham. My Dad also worked there as a field engineer from Barkingside then Brentwood until the mid 70’s.

Simon
Simon
Guest
1 year ago

I used to repair colour tv’s in the workshop at Llanwern steelworks for friends etc , most an easy fix with a replacement PCF802 mallard valve or a PL9 . The DER sets were the same as the radio rentals mostly rebadged thorn

Stuart GINNEVER
Stuart GINNEVER
Guest
1 year ago

My dad Ray worked for them in Worksop.

Stan
Stan
Guest
1 year ago

I worked for DER as an engineer based in Hastings and Bexhill on Sea. Many happy memories working with my colleagues (friends).

Gerald Bowker
Guest
11 months ago

Worked for D|E|R at the very end. 1983-86 as an apprentice T.V. and video engineer. I completed the City and Guilds course 224 T.V. Audio information and reception course and completed the R.T.E.E.B practical exams too. The earliest sets I worked on were the Thorn/EMI 1500 hybrid T.Vs. but I got hold of a 1400 “buzz box” which I repaired and used myself until they turned the V.H.F. transmission off. Worked on all the models listed in the adverts and the later TX9/10 and TX90/100 ranges. Not to mention the dreaded Nordmende portables. I worked on all the V.H.S. recorders – the piano key models as well as the later ones and even went on a few experimental installs of the early analogue satellite dishes. I think I’m right in saying the video recorder model numbers started with 89 as in 8930 and the TVs were 57xx (and some other numbers). I seem to remember the 5734 and 44 models used to get so hot that components would drop out of the line boards! Happy days boosting tubes and doing the old static and dynamic convergence. Some great people worked at Park Parade in Ashton-Under-Lyne where I was based (and some odd ones too!). Lots of happy memories.

EmleyMoor
Member
11 months ago

One of my dad’s friends worked for D|E|R as an installer. The 57xx and 89xx model numbers were certainly around, but with the MultiBroadcast and then Radio Rentals stuff going on, more generic Fergusons were seen, and also the odd Sanyo video recorder. D|E|R had a few shops around Walsall, as did MultiBroadcast, but we didn’t have them in Cannock, only Radio Rentals and Spectra/Granada. The last D|E|R shop I can remember was in Chesterfield.

Roger
Roger
Guest
4 months ago

I’m looking for a DER service engineers wooden tool case circa mid 1970s. Thanks

mick
mick
Guest
1 month ago

I worked for D/E/R from 1971-1987 Based at Ealing-Acton- Pember hse- And Hayes Bench And Field

Mark Tayler
Mark Tayler
Guest
1 month ago

Hi my mum worked at DER in crouch end then moved to Tottenham high road any pics would be fab ,she is now 81yrs so trying to jog her memory

Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
x