February 15, 2015
WARNING AND DISCLAIMER
Whenever you see this warning banner it means you need to pay particular attention as the post or thread contains information or procedures that pose a risk to the operator. The following warning applies.
You should not attempt any repairs to electrical equipment or follow any examples as described within the website or forum if you are in any way unsure about your ability to work with vintage electrical/electronic equipment safely: ignoring this advice runs the risk of electrocution or personal injury. In all cases when working on a live chassis an RCD protected area should be used and an isolation transformer should be employed. Although an isolation transformer should not ,be considered a panacea of safety, you can still get a shock. Radios-TV.co.uk and its members cannot accept any liability for any loss, damage, injury or death caused to any person or property as a result of using the information within this forum.
Radios-TV Rules : Covering Main site and forum
- After bitter experience with a previous forum and disruptive members, this new one will be run differently. Firstly registration is no longer an open process, there is no assumed right of access, you will be required to submit a registration request for approval.
- You must provide a valid working e-mail address. This is a very important part of the process, your application will be rejected if a confirmation e-mail bounces back. Once a member you must maintain your e-mail address, should you change it you must update your details at Radios-TV.
- Once submitted your request will be queued for consideration, if your application to join Radios-TV is approved, you will receive an e-mail with your account details. If you are not successful, you will not receive any communication
- Registering for access to Radios-TV means you are accepting to abide by the rules listed below, if you cannot agree or abide by them, it is suggested you do not register. Failure to comply with the small rule-set below may result in expulsion.
- Conduct: Respect that people may have different view points to yours, do not deride the views of others.
- Zero Tolerance towards the following: Extreme swearing, politics, religion, racial or ethnic slurs, sex or violence; you are reminded this is a primarily a TV/Radio club. Threads/posts should be limited to that subject and related matters. Failure to comply with the above may result in your account being terminated. However there is a forum section “Channel 4”, which is only visible to members, this channel has three off-topic categories.
- Making Posts Readable: You should make a reasonable effort to ensure your posts are legible. Browsers have spell check functions either built in or available as plugins. Any posts considered inappropriate, poorly constructed or downright illegible, will be edited or simply removed. All posts must be in English any that are not will be removed.
- Defamation: of any kind will not be tolerated. You must not make statements that are defamatory to, or misrepresent others. Defamatory postings may include, but are not limited to, postings which harm the personal or business reputation of another or exposes him to hatred, contempt or ridicule, or lowers him in the estimation of his community, or deters other people from associating or dealing with him. This also includes not making any derogatory statements about other forums. Failure to comply with the above may result in your account being terminated immediately.
- Your first forum post: will be subject to moderation, thereafter you will be able to post freely in accordance with this rule-set.
- The main site also allows all members to comment on any of the main site featured articles that are accessible from the green nav-bar menu.
- Guests can also comment on any main site article without joining, however they cannot make a guest post on the forum
- Without exception all comments submitted to main site featured articles are queued for editorial approval; if you don’t see your comment straight away that’s the reason.
- Members are not permitted to create articles on the main site.
- The Data Library (VIP areas): Whilst we recognise there are many decent folk, there are those that used to register to get free data, once they had what they wanted never to be seen again. This is not acceptable so free access was removed. To gain access to the data you must become an active participating member of the community. Therefore access is granted once you reach level 3 reputation. When a member reaches level 3/1000 points, it is their responsibility to contact me stating they have reached the criteria for data access. This part of the system cannot be automated and requires me to manually change your group permissions. Any queries received from members asking how they can access the library when they have not reached the required level will be ignored. Clearly they have not read the rules which is a prerequisite of joining.
It does not end there though, if a member stops contributing posts but continues to just make use of the library, they will find their library access revoked. Access to the library as already stated is for active forum members only. Should such a situation arise each case will be dealt with on an individual basis. This is a fair way to approach the subject of data access and protecting it from people just joining to gain data, never to be seen again.
- E-bay links: Are not permitted, this is due to the problems they caused on the old forum. No discussion is permitted about the items seen, prices or the vendors. So please, no “here’s a TV”, “here’s a radio” links. This will be closely monitored and threads will be removed without notice that breach the policy. Continued breaching of this rule by a member may result in your account being terminated immediately. The only tolerated exception is for example as follows:- If a member is looking for a component or widget and you happen to know of one on e-bay, then a link to it is permitted. Conditions apply, no discussion of price, quality or vendor.
- Private messaging: Access to the private messaging system is barred until a member has made five posts
- Admins and Moderators: Have the final say, there is no right of appeal. If you have a problem with a moderators decision you should contact the admin via pm not in public posts. However you are referred to the first part of this rule.
- Resigning your membership: If a member decides they wish to leave the forum, their account will be changed to “inactive” and they will no longer be able to login. Members who have made thread/post contributions cannot request their posts or attachments be removed. Posts once made on the forum become the property of the forum.
- Inactive Accounts: New member registrations that are not logged in with one month of account being activated by the admin, will be removed. It is therefore suggested you login withing that period.
Members accounts that have had the initial login but been inactive for 6 months ( no login) and have not made any posts, will be marked as inactive and will be marked for deletion.
Accounts that have been inactive for over 12months but have made posts contributions, will be marked as inactive/disabled. In the latter example contact can be made via the “contact” page to request account reactivation.
- Terms: This site is privately owned. No individual has an automatic right to use the site and the owner may withdraw or modify services at their discretion and revoke or refuse access at any time to any individual, without prior notice. Failure to comply with any of the above may result in your account being terminated.
Most Users Ever Online: 49
Currently Online: Chris, Marc, Cathovisor, nuvistor
Currently Browsing this Page:
Till Eulenspiegel: 412
Brian Cuff: 204
Guest Posters: 6
Newest Members:kensmith, piccy, FirstLight, channel9, stuporman111, XH3, catkins, Flashover, Paulap084, marczed
Moderators: sideband: 310, Katie_Bush: 769, Cathovisor: 1106
Administrators: Chris: 1663