February 15, 2015
A Friendly Piece of Advice
If a member with library access finds themselves randomly unable to access the library, please follow the advice given below after the case example. Far better than assuming the worst - that for some reason I have decided to bar them from the data.
A Recent Case Example:
A member managed to lock themselves out of Radios-TV due to forgetting their password; three incorrect attempts and a firewall block will occur meaning you can no longer see the site. When the firewall block happens it e-mails me the details and within 5 minutes I had cleared the block. Later on the member then followed the reset password procedure and successfully logged in to Radios-TV.
At this point it is assumed they found they could not access the Data library, so rather than asking on the forum for help and advice or making contact with the admin, decided to re-register for a new account at Radios-TV. As they already had an account at the site this request was ignored by the system.
Further compounding the problem, assumptions were then made that (A) they had been ignored, (B) they had been barred access to the library and (C) that re-registering would some how sort all this out. Finally rather than contacting me directly via PM they chose to contact another party.
It's quite upsetting to have members assume the worst. Finally, as a reminder to those that find they do not yet have access; members should remember that they only get access to the library when they meet the criteria as laid out in the rules, which I'm sure you will all have read, especially item 6 as its a mandatory requirement of the registration process.
What to do if you cannot access the Data Library:
- Firstly, have you met the criteria to access data? If not then you will not have access in the first place.
- Assuming you satisfy the above criteria, try to logout and log back in again. 99.9% of the time this will resolve the matter and no further action will be required.
- If access to the library still fails after logout/login, clear your browser's cache and remove Radios-TV cookies.
- In the unlikely event the above two options fail to resolve access, raise a help request on the forum or contact me via PM so I can verify your account has the correct permissions for library access.
What not to do if you cannot access the Data Library:
- Assume the worst.
- Do not try and re-register for a new account at Radios-TV when you clearly already have one.
- Contact others via PM to send you library data. (If a member does not have access and asks a member who does to provide data and that member then complies, they risk the other member's data access being immediately withdrawn).
Most Users Ever Online: 49
Currently Browsing this Page:
Till Eulenspiegel: 290
Brian Cuff: 189
Guest Posters: 5
Newest Members:AndiiT, acj1980, Herald1360, christge9, Rio678, PA1CSL
Moderators: sideband: 254, Katie_Bush: 520, Cathovisor: 918
Administrators: Chris: 1412