First things first .. .. ..
The number one and two causes of trouble for a person logging in to Vrat are, misspelling their username, forgetting their password or frequently both! Closely followed in third place believe it or not … by the person not actually having an account here at all !!!! Rather than repeatedly banging away getting the login details wrong, assuming it must be this “god awful website” and in the process getting repeatedly blocked by the firewall, consider the following, It might just be you!
- Are you sure you have an account? Don’t assume check! search the member list here
- Have you checked that you are typing in your username correctly? Yes usernames are case sensitive! If you registered as FredBloggs there’s no point trying to login as fredblogs. If you are unsure of what your username is, again I repeat.. check! search the member list here
- Having confirmed you have an account and your username, if you’re still having trouble it’s highly probable you have forgotten or are mistyping your password. In which case please, please use the reset password option on the login page rather than repeatedly guessing.
- Note: resetting your password will only work if you have bothered to keep your e-mail address updated on your account here. Failure to have done so will mean the reset system will be communicating with your old address.
- If after all this you are still having trouble then use the contact form.
If you were a member of the old VRAT forum and are returning for the first time after many, many years of absence, check your username exists. If it does then you WILL need to reset your password as when the old accounts came over to the new forum the passwords did not.
Advice: Login, Registration & Passwords
Below you will find detailed information to assist you in the processes for registration, login and password resetting. All clearly laid out in logical steps. Please take the time to read them if you are having trouble with any or all.
Note 1: This assumes you have an account. Believe it or not I’ve had folk complain they cannot login only to find they’ve never registered in the first place, they mistakenly believed they did have an account, or their account was removed long ago due to in activity for a number of years and made little or no posts. If you are unsure that you have an account please check the members list, you can search it and with just part of the username if you’re unsure of the exact name. For example your account might have been “Dropper50K” but cannot remember, just that it was drop something. Well just type in drop in the members list search box, it will pattern match for you. If you are not sure of your password, follow the procedures detailed later in this article.
Note 2: All members of Vrat 1 that had an account with posts at the time of its closure will find their accounts now active here and are welcome. However returning Vrat members should be aware that their migrated account passwords will need resetting. To reset your password see section 3 below.
- When you arrive at Radios-TV/VRAT you will clearly see the option to login, click on it.
- Type in your username or e-mail
- Type in your password, be certain it is correct with any special characters that you include.
- Click “Sign in”, you will now be logged in
The firewall monitors visitor interaction and will inform you of any transgression you are committing before you are temporarily blocked from accessing the entire site. It is time dependant so stop whatever its is you’re doing to cause the transgression. Take the opportunity to use the contact form and ask for assistance. Alternatively wait 6-7 mins, use that time to ask yourself what you might be doing wrong, in 9 out of 10 cases it is user error. Its quite amazing, in the password scenario I will set it manually and they log in fine, nothing wrong with the account everything wrong with them recalling their password.
When you arrive at Radios-TV/VRAT you will clearly see the login/register boxes
To register click on the “register” link
- Type in a user name you would like to be known as, it should be between 4 – 12 characters in length.
- Provide a current and valid e-mail address.
- Grant us via GDPR consent the right to hold your e-mail address
- Read and agree to our forum policy and rules.If you don’t agree, don’t register.
- Agree you will receive an e-mail after registration so you can set a password
- Finally, complete Captcha
- To complete this part of the process, hit register.
- The page will then state your account has been created.
- Check your in-box for the e-mail, open it and click on the link within. If you believe you did not receive the e-mail check your spam folder. Do not try to login without first clicking on this link, it will not work and the firewall will eventually block you.
- Assuming you clicked on the link within the e-mail, you will now be invited to set your password. Once set you wil be logged in and free to navigate the website and post (subject to our rules) on the forum.
If you do not set your password by clicking on the link provided in the e-mail and thereby activating your account, your account will be removed within 1 week. See rules here.
If you’re not receiving e-mails from the registration process see the notes below in section 3 regarding what might be the cause and the actions you should take.
3. Reset password when its forgotten.
Scenarios: you’re not logged in, you’ve forgotten your password or you’re an old Vratter returning from a long absence. Either way, this is how to change your password. Be patient, wait for the e-mails and follow the instructions to the letter.
- When you arrive at Radios-TV/VRAT you will clearly see the login/register boxes
- Click on the “login” box, you will see the “lost pasword” link, click it.
- You will now be on a page asking you to enter the username or e-mail for your account, type it in then click “Reset Password”.
- You will see a message stating message has been sent to your email address.
- Follow the instructions in that e-mail.
Note on not receiving e-mails:
If you do not receive e-mails it could be for a couple of reasons.
- It is worth checking your spam folder as it may have been placed in there. Its also worth adding the Radios-TV domain as a trusted source to ensure you get deliveries.
- It could be your that your e-mail address held here is incorrect, accidentally mis-typed or has been corrupted and therefore e-mails are going astray.
- If in doubt use the contact form. Explain your problem, provide your username and the e-mail that you believe should be associated with your account, I can then do the necessary checks and get back to you.
3.a I’m Logged in OK, can I change password while logged in.
- click on your account. From there you can change your password.
If by any chance you make a mistake, fall foul of the servers firewall and find yourself blocked, be patient, it will reset after 5 mins. If in doubt use the contact form to seek assistance.
Hope all of the above is of some use.