This service enables members to donate documents or images for inclusion on the Radios-TV site. By using this service you agree to abide by the terms laid out below.
Do’s and Don’ts of Document/Image scanning
Library contribution used to be closed, this was for a number of reasons not least of which was quality control. I’ve now opened it up to allow members to contribute, however there’s more to scanning than slapping on a piece of paper and pressing copy. If you do not read and follow the guidelines below, and your scan does not meet the following criteria, they will be rejected. Please do not take this personally.
- Do scan at a minimum of 300 d.p.i.
- Do ensure your scan area avoids including unnecessary white/black area
- Do a dummy run to see that it is both readable and presentable
- Do make sure scans are centered as best you can, try to avoid skewed to the left or right, after all we would like to make it presentable to our readers.
- Do try where possible, to avoid frayed document edges on scans.Cut from view
- Do remember to check you are happy with the quality of your scans before uploading
- Do save images where possible as .PNG. at a push highest quality JPEG
- Do ensure if you have a manual in electronic format, to upload it is a PDF not .Doc etc
- Do not scan individual pages of a manual or brochure pages, to single monolithic PDF’s. Scanning each page of a manual as a single PDF is not only time consuming for me to deconstruct/reconstruct, but a huge drain on storage due to immense file sizes.
- Do not upload images that are of a ridiculous file size, plan your scan.
- Do not upload blurred, skewed or generally poor scans, you will be wasting both your time and mine as they will be rejected.
- Do not upload documents that are marked as the property of another site or person.
- Do not upload documents that you’ve scanned that place a watermark of the software you used, they will be rejected.
- 64MB file size upload limit.
- Upload all file types, see preferences above
- Ability to do multiple file uploads via explorer interface or just drag and drop
- Upload progress indicator bar
- Ability to cancel a file from the assembled upload list
- e-mail confirmation of what you uploaded, also copied to admin
- Folder list viewer shows your personal, current uploads (only see your files not others)
User Service Agreement
- This service is restricted to members only and only to be used with prior approval of the admin.
- Uploads that do not meet the standards as laid out above, will be rejected
- Uploads are monitored and automatically reported to the admin by e-mail. This details what was uploaded and by whom.
- Anything found uploaded without prior approval will be removed
- All files once gathered by the admin, will be removed from the members temporary file transit location. Therefore they will no longer appear in your uploaded file list.
- By uploading your scans you are relinquishing ownership/copyright, the documents become the property of Radios-TV.
- Inappropriate uploads may result in a members suspension.
Note: Uploaded files are held in quarantine for checking prior to relocation into the actual library