Warning & Disclaimer
Our rules are short, just 10 items so please take the time to familiarise yourself with them.
- Zero Tolerance towards the following: Extreme swearing, politics, religion, racial or ethnic slurs, sex or violence; you are reminded this is a primarily a TV/Radio/Audio site.
- Making Posts: We want this forum to look presentable, therefore every member is expected to make a reasonable effort to ensure their posts are legible. All posts must be in English any that are not will be removed. All posts must 12pt font size and must be in “black” text. Text colours may only be used to provide emphasis on words as shown here. Larger font sizes may be used for headings within a post. To repeat, please no unnecessary use of editor features, such as font colour, size, line breaks, bullets or emojis.
- Defamation: Due to problems encountered on our previous Vrat 1.0 forum, defamation of any kind be it a person, business or other forum will not be tolerated. Failure to comply may result in your account being terminated.
- New Members: All new user Members are put in the “New members” group, this means your posts will require moderator approval. Once confidence is established you will be moved to the “Registered” group, thereafter you will be able to post freely in accordance with this rule-set.
- The Data Library (VIP areas): Whilst we recognise there are many decent folk, there are those that used to register just to get free data, once they had what they wanted never to be seen again. This is not acceptable so free access was removed. To gain access to the data you must become an “active vratter” basically a participating member of the community. Therefore, access is granted at the admins discretion, but is normally only made when a member has proven to be an active participating member of the forum/blog.
- If a member stops contributing posts but continues to just make use of the library, they will find their library access revoked.
- It is considered bad form if you download data from the Radios-TV data library and then post your repair on another forum. We would expect the courtesy of you sharing your repair on this forum. Behaviour such as described is likely to result in your library access being revoked.
- Under no circumstances share or post data from the Radios-TV data library with non-members or post the data on another forum. If a member is found to doing this their data library access will be revoked.
- E-bay Links: Are not permitted, neither any discussion about currently active listings or vendors. This stance was adopted 1n 2016 due to the problems they caused on our old Vrat 1.0 forum.
- Private messaging: Access to the private messaging system is barred until a member has made five posts
- Resigning your membership: If a member decides they wish to leave the forum, their account will be changed to “Expired Account” and they will no longer be able to login. Their posts and topics remain assigned to the now dormant account. Members who leave and wish their posts and topics to be no longer identifiable, can have all their contributions assigned to a non-identifying/anonymous user.
- Unverified registrations are automatically removed by the system within 24 hours. Why register and then not complete registration? Check e-mail, click verify or make contact if there’s a problem.
- New verified registrations, that are not logged in within 7 days of activation, will be removed. Again why register verify and then never login.
- Accounts that have been verified and had the initial login, but have been inactive for 2 months, meaning no login and have not made any posts, will be marked for deletion. If you want your account to remain active you need to log in from time to time.
- Accounts that have been inactive for over 6-months but have made posts, will only be marked as inactive and disabled. Meaning you will not be able to login.
Note: contact can be made via the “contact” page to request account reactivation, this only applies for stage 4 accounts.
- Admins and Moderators: Have the final say, there is no right of appeal. If you have a problem with a moderators decision you should contact the admin via pm not in public posts. However, you are referred to the first part of this rule.
A guide to conduct advice and guidance may be found here.